Well, I am here for the first session kick-off at The Market Research Event in Las Vegas. What a great first session to blog about: Facebook. Meg Sloan, research lead at Facebook and Brant Cruz of Chadwick Martin Bailey shared a little glimpse of what life inside Facebook is like.
Currently, Facebook has 300 million users worldwide and at least 1/2 of their users go to the site daily! Wow! How do they do it? Here's a tidbit....
Their guiding principles include:
- New School
- Synthesis & Story-telling
Meg also gave us insight into how they view their small marketing research team:
- Try our best to act like the rest of the org
- Radical focus on the roadmap and prioritization
- Making sure we all are doing things we feel strong at each day (staying motivated)
- Supporting each other/sharing information/work etc.
- Be nimble and use our resources and relationships to their fullest
- And last but not least: Ruthless Prioritization as well as Have Fun and create an awesome workplace. Their Q3 planning meeting involved pedicures--sign me up!
You can see more about life inside the marketing research team at Facebook. Check out this video about